Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Announcement: October Monster Month

Since we'll be entering the month of October the next day, I figured a bit of Halloween and horror-related posts would be a lot more fitting. There is quite a lot of subjects to talk about, though I'd rather close in on a couple of aspects that I enjoy about the season and genre: monsters.

Its amazing with all the different cultures in the world have stories passed down talking about dark creatures hiding out in the world ready to devour any unsuspecting souls. I want to cover a few of them over the next couple of weeks, going back to where they first appeared to the different interpretations they've manifested as across the mediums of entertainment.

I want to avoid the obvious talking about vampires, werewolves, zombies, and the like for at least this month. I may talk about different takes of them, but on the core they'll mostly be pushed aside. There is certainly a lot more to grab from the stories than just the obvious.

Come back this Friday for my first post for the theme: The Wendigo.

No comments:

Post a Comment